Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Way to a Man's Heart....

Is through his stomach. Right? I have been told this many times. I know I've secured my place in Ryan's heart but I figured baking some cookies for him couldn't hurt. He loves white chocolate and macadamia nuts, and since they are exotic and decadent compared to the classic chocolate chip cookie, I thought I would head in that direction. However, white chocolate is not my favorite, so I made a compromise. Queue Zebra Macadamia Nut Cookies.


These bad boys turned out pretty freakin' good. I like 'em and he loves 'em. Win-Win. I have plenty to keep him satisfied and for lunches this week.


Want to make them for yourself? Go for it....I highly suggest it!

Zebra Macadamia Nut Cookies
What you need:
  • 1 c. (2 Sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 c. sugar
  • ¼ c. brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 ½ c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 c. white chocolate chips
  • 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
  • 1.5 c. chopped macadamia nuts

What to do:
  • Heat oven to 375.
  • In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs one at a time; beat well.
  • In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking soda; gradually add to cream mixture, until well mixed.
  • Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
  • Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until just "golden kissed".
  • Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

ENJOY!!

No comments: