Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm excited

I'm feeling pretty good right now.
I got my ticket taken care of today. There was a little drama about that yesterday, since they would not accept my proof of insurance. I was freaking out because then my fine would have been just short of 500 bones. Seriously? But, I was able to get it fixed and taken care of today. So I only had to pay $130 for the "filing fee" and I get to take a defensive driving course. I am so glad that I went early rather than waiting until my court date, otherwise I would have been REALLY angry. Glad that's off my back.
Even better though, I found out my uncle is going to have a baby girl. Awwww! I just called him and he was telling me about the ultrasound and how he could see her perfect little hands and feet. When the nurse was pushing against Kelly's belly with the probe, the baby pushed back with her hand and they got a perfect picture of her hand. When she pushed harder, the baby tried to push back with both hands. He said that she also also going to have big lips, typical for our family =). She sounds like a doll already. And he just kept going on and on about it, it's so sweet. I am SO EXCITED for him!
I am going to make some crib/ baby quilts. One will be for Oom Tiki and Kelly's baby, the other for Ryan's sister, Jenny's baby Myla. I just ordered the prints from SewMamaSew.
Myla's will be pink and soft blue. Jenny wants the baby's room to be how hers was as a little girl, and those were the colors.
For Oom Tiki's and Kelly's baby: pink, yellow and lavender.
A couple examples of the prints:

Van Delden and Myla quilts

Van Delden and Myla quilts

Van Delden and Myla quilts

Van Delden quilt

van Delden quilt

Myla's quilt

Myla's quilt

These are just some of the prints. Each quilt will have ten different prints and some solids as well. I will be using Alicia Paulson's Ollalieberry Ice Cream quilt pattern for these.

You're probably saying: "But wait, aren't you getting ahead of yourself? Don't you have other baby presents to finish and Alyssa's duvet cover still to start?" Yes, you are right. I am just about done with the baby receiving blankets. I still have to crochet one edge around the last blanket, and those will finally be done. I just haven't had a lot of free time, and I ran into some difficulty once I started, so I kind of dreaded making them. But these are special presents, and I don't want to make them with this dark cloud over my head, so I have been waiting for a change in attitude. As a result...I have been and am procrastinating. For the first two blankets I used a cotton yarn, so it had a lot of friction (since you have to push the yarn through the flannel) and crocheting the border ended up taking a lot of time and was a bit frustrating. This last one has gone much better since the yarn is more slippery and it is easier to pull through the fabric. I think another thing helping me is the print is my favorite of the three, I think it's going to make the prettiest blankie, so I like working with it. The flannel is also super soft. Ramses could verify this for you since he is constantly trying to lay on it while I am working. I still have the rest of the burping cloths to do, I have about 5 more of those to make. I'm crossing my fingers that once I start those, I'll get on a roll and finish them all at once (I've run into difficulty with those too, grrrr). I promise I won't start anything new until I get those done and sent out to the Webber's.
I also have another secret project that I am anxious to start once the Webber baby gift is finished. Can't wait to start it!


No comments: