Monday, May 4, 2009

Scrumdidlyumptious

I was really craving pasta salad this weekend, so I made some yesterday. It was the perfect snack to sit down and relax to after I spent a good part of the afternoon re-vamping my balcony with new plants. I'll post some pictures of it soon...I didn't get around to taking some since my camera died after I snapped a shot of my pasta salad. YUMMY!


Nessa's Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
1 can whole baby corn - drained, cut into thirds
1 can olives - drained, cut into halves long ways
1/2 red onion - thin 1" long slivers
1/2 handful cilantro - diced
1 tomato - diced (or package of cherry tomatoes halved)
2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
1c. feta cheese
1/3 pound hard salami cut into small wedges
1 bag tri-colored farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
dressing (I use good seasons dressing packets that you mix with vinegar and oil to make your own dressing....tasty!)

other things I like to add that wasn't in this particular salad I made:
broccolini - cut into small pieces
cucumber - peeled, cut into fourths lengthwise, remove seeds ( i scoop them out with a spoon) then chopped
julienne carrots
bell pepper (any color) - chopped into medium pieces


Directions:
Cook the pasta until done but still firm. ( I always add some olive oil to the water so they don't stick to each other). Drain and rinse with cold water. While the pasta is cooking, I prepare all the veggies and additions (minus feta and dressing) as noted and keep in a big bowl (so I have room for tossing). Once everything is chopped and in the bowl, add pasta and toss. Then, add feta and dressing to taste. toss. Serve chilled. Delicioso!!

I used to not add meat or cheese to my pasta salad, and while Ryan would eat it, he felt it was lacking. So, I pumped it up a little bit. It is very filling, and there are so many different flavors going on, you can savor every bite! Plus it's really pretty with all the different colors. It's always gone in a snap!

No comments: