Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Hello. Yes, I am still alive. I don't know how so much time manages to fly by in between my posts. I hope everyone is well! I am. Been busy, but that's nothing new.
Well yesterday was really nice! I had some friends over for late lunch/early dinner. The forecast was supposed to be rainy all day. . . so I planned to cook everything indoors. Of course, it only rained early in the morning, and was gorgeous, sunny and hot the rest of the day. Which meant that my apartment, with crockpot and oven going, a busy Vanessa and Tesia running around all day and air-conditioner that refuses to work was to say the least, very warm. But my guests were gracious and understanding.
Anyhow, I prepared a roast brisket in the slow-cooker, roasted veggies in the oven, Nikki and I made mashed potatoes and Evie brought a delicious pasta salad. It was so good! I also made homemade cinnamon rolls and a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. . . from scratch! delicioso.
We had so much food since Nikki and Nick also brought spinach artichoke dip and fruit too. But we had a good time hanging out together since being so busy, we haven't really seen each other. since the fall. After dinner, we played some games. Scene-it and Apples-to-apples are always musts over at my place.
It was a glorious day and I am extremely thankful for it.
I cannot wait until the weather is more predictable so that I can spend more time outside!

Some of you know that I was crocheting some stuffed animals - bunnies to be exact. I wanted to send them to Ryan's niece and nephew for Easter. Well, yeah. . . not done. When I picked out the yarn, I got this bucle-angel hair blend, which is SO soft. But the angel-hair is practically a nightmare to work with since the hairyness makes seeing any of the stitches very difficult, so they are taking me much longer to do. Plus time to actually work on them has been far from plentiful. I'm almost done with Maddie's (a pink one), I just have to finish of the head and ears. I have to get another skein of yarn though. I started Hayden's (a green one) and am using a smaller hook, so this one skein should be enough. I've only got his arms done. So, that's still on my plate to get done and hopefully I can at least send those to them while its still spring! I think they will be really cute though.

I did not get to see my little "missy" kitty at the pound. The animal shelter was closed on Sunday, and I could not make it in time after work on Saturday. I'll keep an eye on her online and maybe get to stop by this week. hope so!



1 comment:

Chanelle said...

yay!!! Ive been checking at least once a week to see if theres a new post!! you have a more interesting life than I but I will soon be posting...it wont be exciting for sure. anyhoo. Thanks for posting. I always like readin your blog and seeing what ur up to.
Ur easter dinner sounds delish and wish you were here to cook for us. I try my best to live up to the cooking level you have set here and mom prefers. You definitely rock the kitchen! <3 you