Monday, October 27, 2008

Now save it....

This weekend I finished the little baby sweater I was making. It's so cute. I'm proud of myself....my first knitting project. It is by no means perfect, but I think it turned out pretty good. I finished it yesterday and tucked it away in my dresser. I decided I am going to save this one for my own little one one day. (wow, "one" three time in the same sentence...eeek) Enjoy the pics!

This little cardigan is made with an acrylic/cotton blend yarn, so it is pretty soft and will be pretty durable and easy to clean. It's also gender-neutral, so it can work for either boy or girl. It consists of three panels....the back panel and then each of the two front panels. This was a pretty simple project....it is all done in the basic garter stitch, and you have to learn how to do increases to cast on the sleeves. Once I had all the panels, I stitched them together as seamlessly as possible (this took a while since the first time I did it according to the book, I hated how it looked and the garment was floppy. So, I took apart the seams [not fun] and restitched them all my way....which looks MUCH better and it also has more shape to it) Then I added the little pocket and cuffs in the red accent color. After that, I stitched the borders with the red yarn to add a little more color. Right now, there are no closures on the sweater, so it just stays open. I am not really sure if I like this....I'll have to see how it fits on the little one, or add some sort of tie or buttons later.


But it is just a cute little sweater to wear on a breezy, crisp fall day like today when they are out running and playing around outside. From the back....


And then just for an idea on the size of it....I put it on Bear. This really shouldn't have taken me as long as it did since it is so little, but I just haven't been working on until lately and knitting a little bit in between dinner and bed time.


Looking forward to starting something else!

No comments: