Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm back

Its the Wednesday after my return from a wonderful vacation. Ryan got to come home with me to California and see the ocean for the very first time! We spent the first four days at Jalama beach camping with the family. We took one of those days to drive up the coast. Ashley, Stevie and Chanelle came with us to Monterey and we visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium. If you have never been, you have to go! They had all kinds of great exhibits there, including a fantastic Jellies section. They also had this HUMONGOUS tank with hammerheads, huge yellowfin tuna ("Hey Big Tuna"), a sunfish, other sharks, barracuda ("OOOOOooooo, Barracuda!" <--haha, Baba), Manta Rays, and other big things. This tank was seriously enormous. The sea otters were also SO cute and had such great personalities! They also had seahorses (not that many though, there are more at Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach) but they still had them...my favorite! I got this ridiculous seahorse pen...but I couldn't resist. Then after the aquarium we all had lunch at this Italian restaurant on the bay. I had to have the clam chowder in bread bowl, since we can't get that in Texas! That was alot of fun...Stevie played a horribly funny prank involving clam chowder, a straw and water on Bella . good times. Then, we headed back down the coast to camp via Route 1. Wow...what a gorgeous drive! And scary at times... due to high mountains meeting ocean and a scary windy road. Plus, there were really pretty trees (redwoods, pines, oaks, etc) along the highway. TOTALLY scenic. Then on Thursday, after jalama we went down to San Diego to the zoo and after that, to see my cousins. It couldn't have been better timing because Briana got engaged that same night! YAY!! So happy for you Beerwanza and Chids! Friday night Ashley, Stevie, Ryan and I saw Wicked at the Pantages and got to meet up with Ben to eat beforehand. It was good to see my brother for a bit since our time at the beach was short (he had to leave early for work) and the show was amazing...totally worth it! I need to get Ryan to take me to more things like that in Austin. Then on saturday we just kinda hung out with Michelle, ate at the Sub Station (the best) got dessert at Swirl (but due to a lawsuit is soon to be renamed...maybe Droppings N' Toppings if they choose Ryan's suggestion? HAHA!) and then off to the airport. It was a pretty busy trip, but I was still rested and rejuvenated. And I am so glad that Ryan had a good time. He has mentioned that he just might have to come out every summer! (another satisfied customer. =D) So...its been good. And, all the animals and plants were doing well when I got back thanks to Nikki!

Things here have been ok. Just getting back into the swing of things. I have an exam tonight for the class I am taking. blech.

I started a front piece of the cardigan and am almost done with it. Maybe I can finish it tonight when I get home. Then I have to make the other matching side and make the accent pieces like the cuffs and pocket. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like!


back to work...blech

No comments: