Monday, February 1, 2010

Brooklyn Nichole's Birthday Month

It's February! That means my new little cousin, Brooklyn Nichole, is coming this month! I am SO excited. I can't wait to see her cute little face, smile, fingers and toes. I am so sad that I won't be in California to see her right away, but I know my sisters will be taking lots of pictures for me. I am so happy for Oom Tiki and his family to welcome their new little one so soon!

I was not able to go to Kelly's baby shower so I had to get my gifts done in time as Christmas presents. First up, the snuggle bunny.


I like how she looks kind of vintage style baby toy. The yarn is Bernat baby softee in soft peach. I made her eyes and nose with brown embroidery floss. I used a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn for her, the fuzzy bunny pattern. I used polyester fiberfill to stuff her head. That used to be the only fill Joann's had, but I was just there yesterday and discovered that now they carry a bamboo fill. It's more expensive, but from now on, that's what I am going to use. It's natural and SO much softer....very yummy for soft baby presents and stuffed animals.



The yarn isn't fuzzy, but it is very soft. And I think she turned out really cute. I hope Brooklyn loves her!

And, I know, I had said I would post about the hunting trips....like TWO WEEKS AGO. I don't know what happened...it's been a blur. I'll do it though, promise. =)

No comments: