Friday, August 7, 2009

aaahhhhh....

This weekend Ryan's parents and baby sister are coming down to visit him. His youngest brother, Michael, might be able to make it too if he can finish his moving-away-to-college-packing in time. I made appointments for us girls at the spa. I still have some of that gift card from Ryan (not that I haven't been using it, but they changed their card reading system so my old card was then "void". When they asked me how much it had been for I told them the "queen for a day" package, and they pretty much gave me a whole brand new card for that amount. SWEET!) So, I got two appointments for a facial, and one 0.5hr massage. Ryan suggested us girls do something like that together, since his mom and sister don't get to do stuff like that often. Plus we can have some girl bonding time. I'll let them choose which treatment they want and I'll take what's left. I know both are amazing!


so relaxing...

It's the first time his parents have come down, and I am excited to see them. I haven't seen them since I first met them over 2 years ago! I am sure we will just hang out (it's still pretty warm), have a game night, go see a movie at the Alamo and enjoy each other's company. Ryan's set on showing them his snakes and making his dad hold one. We'll see how that works out!

Since they leave on Sunday morning, I'll have time for other things I want to do like:
  • Get a sourdough starter started. I have a name already: Miss Piggy.
  • Bake some chocolate chip naner(banana) bread. mmmm, bread.
  • Finish up the Webber's baby gift. Little Nolan is 3 days overdue now! I'll post once I get 'er done
  • Thorough house cleaning and purge. I'd like to make my crafting/sewing space more organized
  • Maybe a trip to Joann's and Hobby Lobby for some more fabric. I can't wait to start another sewing project! It's a bit much for right now, and I really need to start Alyssa's gift, but I would really really love to make myself a quilt a la Alicia Paulson's Ollalieberry Ice Cream Quilt. I keep finding myself going over to her blog and looking at the pictures., so I got the pattern yesterday. I am absolutely in love with this quilt...it's so warm, inviting and homey. Maybe I could do a pink one someday if I ever have a little girl, but I think it would be wise for me to do a different color scheme for my (later our) bed if I want it get much use. I'm thinking a cool blue, white and grey.
  • Go for a run
  • Let's throw at least one Bliss Blanket square on this list too
Ok, that's a lot. I'll see what I can do. What are your plans for the weekend? Happy Friday everyone!!!

No comments: