Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Extremes

One thing I love about Austin...the crazy weather. One complaint about Austin...the extreme crazy weather. Don't get me wrong, I love crazy weather! I just hate it when I cannot adjust to it. I just freeze. I cannot survive in cold weather, especially when I am used to it being warm all the time. Case in point: this week.
Monday in Austin. Sunny, 81 degrees. pretty warm for December don't ya think?
Last night: SNOW. Yes, it snowed. Yesterday morning, was ehhh... chilly but I knew there was a cold front coming in, so I was smart and layered. But when I left work last night....it was freezing already, and freezing rain/sleet/hail (not sure what the difference between all those are) was already starting to fall. By the time I got home, and had thawed I went out on my balcony and saw the biggest white flakes coming down. It was so exciting! And the wind...brrrr. It made it so cold.
On my way to the bus stop this morning, you could see snow/ice = snice? haha on the cars. Here is a pic of a blue truck in my complex. You just wouldn't be able to see it as well on my white car.



There really wasn't any on the ground, there wasn't enough to stick. The wooden walkway was frozen over, but that was pretty much it. We usually get really cold weather like this in January-February so this was a little bit early and unexpected. Maybe it will get really cold this year come that time and it will freeze again. How exciting!

1 comment:

Chanelle said...

ahhh...soo jealous. As you may know I too am i fan of the crazy weather unless im not adjusted because i freeze too! its been like 80 or so here but really cold at night which is awesome. Unfortunately I dont think we will be getting snow out here in cali....lucky lucky girl